We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample chicken and egg marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for poultry farms.
We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample chicken and egg marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for poultry farms.In this article, we will be considering all the requirements for starting a poultry farming business.Tags: Luxury Brand Marketing Case StudiesThesis Statement On ClothingGardening Books By Dr D G HessayonEducation Research Proposal ExampleParking Lot Business PlanNursing DissertationsWrite My Home Work
In the United States, the chicken industry is one of the most successful sectors.
In a little over 50 years, the chicken industry, especially the broiler sector, has evolved from being fragmented and locally oriented, into something that is highly efficient, and increasingly supplying customers nationwide and around the globe.
Most of the broilers, approximately 95% are produced in these farms with the remaining 5% raised on farms that are owned by the company.
As at 2015, almost 9 billion broiler chickens were produced.
So put on your entrepreneurial hat and let’s proceed.
Table of Content Starting a poultry farm might appear easy but starting it as a business too is something entirely different.
The United States has the largest broiler industry in the world, with about 19% being exported to other countries as at 2015, with the top 5 broiler producing states being Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, North Carolina, and Mississippi.
The demographic and psychographic composition of those who require the products of a poultry farm are all sectors of the demography, because almost everyone takes poultry products.
There are usually two ways by which chickens are raised in a poultry farm.
The conventional system, where the birds are confined and where you can easily control the lightning as well as temperature; and the free-range system where the chickens are allowed to roam freely and behave as naturally as possible.